Lyminge Parish Church of St Mary & St Ethelburga
The East Window dates from about 1511 - the glass from about 1859. The arms of Cardinal Bourchier (d.1486) in the small window over the south door, and the bishop’s head in a south window of the Chancel are ancient.
An old Sundial or ‘Mass Dial’ will be found to the west of the Priest’s door into the Chancel, about 5 feet from the ground. Such dials were made between 1350 and 1500.
The recess on the South wall is by some considered to have housed the later shrine of St. Ethelburga.  The relics were removed to Canterbury by Archbishop Lanfranc in 1085.  It now houses the Aumbry which was designed by Helen Burr and installed in 2006.

All four parish churches in the benefice are of historical interest.

Some further basic historical information can be found by downloading the following PDFs:

Points of interest in the Church of St. Mary & St. Ethelburga

The History of St Oswald's Paddlesworth


Click here to visit the Postling Village Life website

Click here to visit Kent Churches website

Click here to visit the Stanford PCC website

Red Dragon IT